Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Texico - Sum it all up

Saturday night went well. The concert was for the church and we did our "Sin-Chair" skit. We were kinda put in the middle between a bunch of songs. It went very well. Afterward we went back to Robbie's house and kinda relaxed and prepared for Sunday.

Sunday was our last day of ministry. Bethany and Lucinda taught on focusing on the Lord during hard times. They did a very good job of it. Joe taught the second lesson and was able to use personal experience again about how to deal with tough situations. His focus was more on just being still in the hard times. The overall theme of the week was basically finding hope and peace in difficult situations. It's interesting because the whole week I was having a rough time. My mind was constantly filled with other thoughts and things I had to deal with or uncertainties of the future. They were really weighing heavily on my mind. Most of the time, I was at a complete loss of what to do. However, the constant reminder that God is in control was awesome.

Sunday night was probably one of the best nights. It was a Sunday Evening service. Pastor Frank opened the floor up to the church to say what our team was able to do for them, or how we were a blessing. The impact we had on the church was more than I thought. We impacted youth and adults and leaders. It made everything so worth it. We were also able to thank the church publicly. I can't even begin to describe the joy I received from the church and how they were a blessing in my life. The Body of Christ is so AWESOME!

Anyway, I'm sure I will have a follow up post on this soon. Probably consisting of some funny stories and such. Thank you all who continued to pray for us. I greatly appreciate it!

In Christ,
Adam

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on your blog and thoroughly enjoyed it! I guess I missed following along on your trip and praying for you while you were actually there, but I can (and will!) pray now.

    ReplyDelete