Saturday, March 27, 2010

Texico - Other stuff

So, it's been a couple of days since I updated. Sorry about that. I do believe the last place we left of is from Wednesday. So, from there I will start...

Wednesday morning we went to Grace, which is kinda like a co-op home school program. I don't really know how better to explain it. It is a facility with school and stuff, where the kids work on their workbooks at their pace. We did a skit there and then Robbie presented the Gospel. It was great fun! Afterward we went outside with the kids as they ate lunch and we played around with them. I played some basket ball with Robbie and the kids while Joe talked with some kids as well did Lucinda and Ashley. Bethany talked with some of the girls for a bit and then some of them wanted to play around with their own basketball. Overall, it was a fun time.

Later that night, we went to the youth group at Maranatha, which is the church we've been working with all week. We present 2 skits. One skit was about sin and how it can hinder our relationship with Christ, Robbie spoke after that one and presented the Gospel again. Our second skit was about witnessing, (and more so on how NOT to witness). It was quite humorous. After that I was able to quickly speak on witnessing and how to go about it in the right way. It was a good time.

Thursday, we just kinda relaxed. It was awesome. We went to the beach. It was windy and it made me cold. That was not awesome. I laid on the sand and it was warm. That was awesome. I got sunburned. Not awesome. I got buried in the sand and the windchill got cut off and I fell asleep. That was awesome. I got sand in my ears, pants, shirt, eyes, mouth and every other place I can think of and I'm still trying to get it out. Not awesome. While we were there, I tried skim boarding and kinda got the hang out it. It was awesome. I fell a lot and hurt myself. Not so awesome. I went exploring and found a boogie board. Awesome. Afterward I chased some seagulls and couldn't catch any....not awesome. Overall though, the beach was fun. :-D

Friday we were able to sleep in. I slept in the longest, of course. I slept until 1:00. I loved it so much. Others slept until like 10:00 or so. I don't know what they were thinking. The rest of the day me and Joe kinda hung out at Robbie's house. He was out with Ashley running some kind of errands. We worked on some skit stuff. Later on in the day, the team re-grouped after being refreshed and we got ready for the lock-in. That was a crazy night for sure. I think I had energy all the way through, though, I could feel my body saying, "Adam, what are you doing? You know you should be sleeping. Since you're not, I'm going to make you say and do weird things with-out your consent." And oh did it ever. But I did not relent. :-). It was a great night. Played some games, ate some food, watched a movie. I spoke for a little bit on the truthfulness of the Bible. That was at 3:00. They all payed attention actually. I was impressed, because I was even zoning out and I was the one speaking. It went well though.

We ended at 7:00. We came home, and I know that I slept from about 8:00 to 3:00. It was a gooood sleep. Anyway, I don't have much else to say for now. We are going to a concert tonight that the church is putting on. We are doing the "sin-chair" skit. It's going to be a great skit.

Please continue to pray for energy. I know a lot of the team is going to be exhausted.

In Christ,
Adam

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps they were paying such good attention(at 3am), because you were zoning out. Who knows what you really said? =-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That was not Gary. That was Beth. Awesome... no, wait, not awesome. haha

    ReplyDelete