Sunday, June 21, 2009

Second Week - Pioneer Bible Camp

Pioneer Bible Camp was amazing. I had 8 kids in my cabin, the same as last week. The cabins were a bit different though from Whispering Winds Bible Camp. We went from an air-condition, heated showers in the room, lights and plugs to no electricity in the cabins, nor air, and the shower house was down the hill and half the time the hot water had run out. It was a very different contrast, but I had a blast.

The schedule was a bit different this time. It was very structured, even down to the free time we had. I did enjoy that though. One of the events scheduled was a “skill-class” time. There were different ones the kids could sign up for, such as baseball, wilderness survival, first aid, evangelism, choir and drama. I was heading up drama (along with another staff member, Kyla). I had such a blast. The kids were great to work with, and over all, the skits went very smoothly at the end of the week.


I did have a bit of a rough mid-week time. Two of my campers were quite difficult to deal with. They tested my patience a lot during the week. I became very emotionally and physically drained. However, God is sufficient and sustained me through out the week. I came to rely very much on God and reading the Bible. Ephesians became my encouragement book for the week. It was very interesting actually, because at the beginning of the week, I asked God for more trials in my life because I know that when I am being stretched, I come closer to God. Well, “Be careful what you wish for”, because I got two of them. I wasn’t sure how it was going to all pan out, but God is good, and the week ended on a very good note. In fact, both kids turned around and became a delight.


As of right now, we are in Kamas, Utah for a VBS all week. It will only last about 2 hours a day but, I know that I will be profitable. It will also be a good time to recuperate from last week. We have also switched Bethany Viekman and Kristina Kelly with Keesha Sedwick and Rebecca Kirkland. Although their presence will be missed (we had some great, memorable times), we are all certainly happy to have both Becca and Keesha with us.


Praise:

  • That God sustained me and the team throughout week
  • For the kids who made big decisions or were saved
  • That everyone was safe
  • The Becca and Keesha made it safely back from Uganda and met up with us without problem

Prayer:

  • A few of us could possibly be getting sick
  • We would be lights to the kids this week. The ages are from K-6th Grade.
  • Unity with the team (No troubles now, but no reason not to pray for it)
  • That God would continue to be glorified!

That is all for now. I will have a bit of internet access throughout the week, along with cell phone access. Please give me a call or send me an e-mail.


In Christ,

Adam Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment