Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week 6 - Twin Peaks Bible Camp

After a long 2 week break, it's been great to get back into the camping "mode". We headed off for Twin Peaks Bible camp in Colorado last Sunday. It was an amazing week. We did some water camps, and some capture the flag and some softball and a bunch of other things. It was a very fun week for sure.

We normally rose around 7:00 in the morning. That wasn't too bad for me in the beginning. In fact, the first day, I woke about 5 minutes before the bell went off. The next day I woke as the bell was ringing, and then from then on, I completely slept through the bell and my watch alarm. Thankfully Todd was in the same cabin and made sure I was up with all the kids... Today I purchased another alarm clock. I will no longer sleep through!

After waking all the kids we had a devotion time. This was a time for the campers to go and read the Bible by themselves. We gave them about 15 minutes for their devotions, and then we would go around for about 5 minutes and ask the campers what they had learned in their devotions. It was very cool to hear them all talking about what they learned from God's Word.

Breakfast commenced at 8:00. The food was amazing! It was a very close second to Wispering Winds food. After the consumption of our food for the morning, we'd head back and clean up our cabins and head off to an activity, which was either Volley Ball, Soft Ball, or Kick Ball. It was normally against the other cabins. My cabin won one game. It was sad, but we had a lot of fun for sure!

Lunch, then quiet time! Quiet time was when we all got to go back, say verses and inspect the back of our eyelids for about an hour! I loved it!

The chapel speaker this week spoke on creation and science and how it supported the Bible. It was very awesome to see God's creation through a different perspective.

This time around, all my campers were saved. It was awesome to see how God has been working in them. They we certainly a blessing to me. I was able to sit down and talk with them one on one.

Unfortunatly, I don't have any pictures right now, because my camera is broken. I will be getting some from others soon though, so I'll post a few in a week or so.

Prayer:
  • Continued health with only one week left
  • Strength to press forward
  • A continued walk with God
  • A good relationship with the kids
  • Purity
Praise:
  • For the kids at the past camp (the decisions they made/growth in Christ)
  • God's continued work in my life and others
  • Good fellowship among the team
  • God's Glory and Magisty and Grace!
Thank you again for all your prayers! It's been amazing! I have one week left to go, Camp Lewtana, in Montana (Say that with a southern accent). I have been told that we will be hiking around to a new camping spot each day. This should be an interesting week for sure. I am looking forward to seeing God's creation.

In Christ,
Adam Lancaster

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Bud! Howz your ankle? I hope it is continuing to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ankle? What on earth did you do?

    ReplyDelete